Epoxy is a substance formed with two main components – hardeners and resins. It serves as a sealant for concrete floors. Epoxy flooring and epoxy coating is an important part of commercial masonry work. The reason as to why epoxy flooring is essential for commercial structures is because floors in nearly all industrial or commercial buildings need to be resistant to damage and must be tough enough to sustain the weight of heavy machinery. Commercial masonry work includes the following types of epoxy flooring:
- Self-dispersing epoxy floors – these floors have a tremendous amount of strength, this means that such type of flooring can sustain the weight of heavy objects and machinery (such as trucks or forklifts) that is used in industries. A variant of self-dispersing epoxy floors that offer anti-slip properties is made with quartz sand.
- Self-levelling epoxy floors – these floors are good for office floorings as they require low maintenance as compared to other types of flooring.
- Mortar epoxy floors – this flooring is the strongest of all types of epoxy floorings (stronger than self-dispersing epoxy floors!). If your commercial space requires repairs due to cracks then mortar epoxy floors serve as a good option.
- Epoxy terrazzo floors – such epoxy floors look exceptionally good in large spaces. Therefore, epoxy terrazzo floors are the best option for putting down flooring for malls, supermarkets, and restaurants.
Benefits of Epoxy Floors
- Strength – after epoxy is converted into solid polymer it grows stronger and helps in preventing chemical deterioration.
- Durability – epoxy coating on concrete floors increases durability, resistance to damage, and assist in increasing the lifespan of the concrete floor.
- Low maintenance – epoxy floors are easier to take care of in terms of cleaning. Also, because of their strength and durability, maintenance costs are reduced greatly.
- Quick application and Safety – epoxy coatings and floors are resistant to fire, slippage, and varying temperature. Also, their easy application is a boon for commercial masonry work as it enhances time efficiency.
- Resistance to chemicals – epoxy coating and floors can sustain continued exposure to chemicals that can damage other types of floors. This quality makes it the perfect choice for warehouses and industrial structures that work with chemicals.