Most Commonly Used Cement Variants In Manhattan
Cement is the basic binding material that is essential in building a house. Cement work in Manhattan is usually based on but not limited to building houses, sidewalks, gardens, pavements and driveways. Now cement are of different types, depending on their chemical composition. Every particular kind of cement variant has its own special application area.
The common types used in cement work in Manhattan are:
- Rapid Hardening Cement: It is manufactured by mixing limestone and shale at very high temperature. It generally results in strong mixture with less time required for hardening. This cement is useful where cement is to be dried quickly without compromising strength. It is usually used in pavement construction and precast concrete works.
- Sulphate Resisting Cement: It is manufactured with a composition of less than 5% Calcium Aluminate. It is generally used in areas where the concrete surface will remain in contact with soil for long periods of time. SR cement is used in pile foundations and coastal works.
- Low Heat Cement: It is manufactured by lowering the ration of Calcium Aluminate and Di-calcium Silicate in the cement mixture. It is used is construction of large concrete structures such as dams which are exposed to maximum wear and tear.
- Quick Setting Cement: This cement is made by reducing gypsum quantities and adding Aluminum Sulphate to lower the setting time of cement. It is basically used in areas where the cement work needs to be done quickly, such as underwater constructions and winter/rainy day works.
- Portland Pozzolana Cement: It is made by adding pozzolanic materials such as clay and fly ash. This increases the compressive strength of the cement which increases with age. It is normally cheaper than most other cement variants. It is used in construction of buildings where strength is required to increase with age such as high rise buildings.
- High Alumina Cement: It is made of Limestone and Bauxite. It is usually resistant to high temperatures and acidic corrosion, hence is used in construction of factories, smelting plants, refineries and other types of machining workshops. It is also used in construction of sewage facilities in such factories.